A 12-year-old Yemeni girl, who was forced into marriage with a 24-year-old man, died during a painful childbirth that also killed her baby, a children’s rights group said Monday: “Although the cause of her death was lack of medical care, the real case was the lack of education in Yemen and the fact that child marriages keep happening,” said Seyaj President Ahmed al-Qureshi.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali takes aim at forced marriages in the United States.
- An investigative report reveals that a 1989 "honor" killing in Missouri of a daughter by her parents was caught on tape by the FBI because the father was under surveillance for links to a Jihadist group.
- After speaking out against female genital mutilation, Nimko Ali heard from men who wanted to kill her and lost contact with people whom she considered to be family.
- Members of the British Parliament are launching an investigation as to why no one has been convicted for carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) three decades after it was made illegal.
- Police are prioritizing tackling female genital mutilation (FGM) in the Thames Valley (UK), which has been named a high-risk area for the practice.