Sharia councils in the UK will frequently ask people to sign an agreement to abide by their decisions: councils call themselves courts and the presiding imams are judges, there is neither control over the appointment of these judges nor an independent monitoring mechanism, people often do not have access to legal advice and representation, proceedings are not recorded, nor are there any searchable legal judgments, nor is there any real right to appeal.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali takes aim at forced marriages in the United States.
- An investigative report reveals that a 1989 "honor" killing in Missouri of a daughter by her parents was caught on tape by the FBI because the father was under surveillance for links to a Jihadist group.
- After speaking out against female genital mutilation, Nimko Ali heard from men who wanted to kill her and lost contact with people whom she considered to be family.
- Members of the British Parliament are launching an investigation as to why no one has been convicted for carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) three decades after it was made illegal.
- Police are prioritizing tackling female genital mutilation (FGM) in the Thames Valley (UK), which has been named a high-risk area for the practice.