A British MP has introduced a law to ban the burqa: Philip Hollobone, MP of Kettering who introduced the bill, says: “We are never going to get along with having a fully integrated society if a substantial minority insist on concealing their identity from everyone else.”
The AHA Foundation > Tory MP bids to ‘ban the burka’
- More than a decade after the removal of Afghanistan's Taliban regime from power, basic women's rights in the country remain extremely precarious.
- The EU Ambassador to Afghanistan, Franz-Michael Mellbin, has criticized the prosecution of "moral crimes" as "disgraceful" and says Hamid Karzai's government has failed Afghan women.
- Inside Israel’s Bedouin communities, the practice of killing women who stain the family’s “honor” is experiencing a dark revival.
- A sharp rise in "honor killings" in Palestinian territories has created a backash.
- Katharine Whitehorn analyzes what men can do to stop Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).