In an extensive interview, Princeton historian Bernard Lewis comments on the political changes taking place in the Middle East and says “My own feeling is that the greatest defect of Islam and the main reason they fell behind the West is the treatment of women”.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali takes aim at forced marriages in the United States.
- An investigative report reveals that a 1989 "honor" killing in Missouri of a daughter by her parents was caught on tape by the FBI because the father was under surveillance for links to a Jihadist group.
- After speaking out against female genital mutilation, Nimko Ali heard from men who wanted to kill her and lost contact with people whom she considered to be family.
- Members of the British Parliament are launching an investigation as to why no one has been convicted for carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) three decades after it was made illegal.
- Police are prioritizing tackling female genital mutilation (FGM) in the Thames Valley (UK), which has been named a high-risk area for the practice.