Several areas in Egypt are currently witnessing a rise in the phenomenon some are calling “Sharia harassment.” Veiled women, and often men as well, intimidate unveiled women and girls for not wearing clothing in line with the rules of Sharia law.
The AHA Foundation > ‘Sharia Harassment’ plagues Egyptian women
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Discusses the Need for Western Feminists to Tackle Harmful Traditional Practices
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Time for Thanks
- The US Department of Health and Human Services will undertake a major study on female genital mutilation (FGM), confirmed Cathy Russell, the US ambassador for global women's issues. This was the result of an effort spearheaded by FGM activist Jaha Dukureh.
- "American Muslims from across the country share their stories of love and marriage as a matter of choice -- as it should be."
- Summertime in the US means "vacation cutting" season is upon us. Immigrants who come to the US from countries that practice female genital mutilation (FGM) sometimes send their daughters back to their countries of origin to have them undergo the procedure.