Far from the violence and unrest that have marred the capital of disputed Kashmir, a group of young women swap their burqas for smart suits and stilettos and dream of a career in the skies.
- Thanks so much! You too! RT @Mars_MJXII: @AHAFoundation #FF have a great weekend!
- Just heard from Miami's Kristi House that as many as 50% of workers in strip clubs are minors. Think about that.
- .@AHAFoundation is presenting on #ForcedMarriage tonight at the Carlos Albizu University Mental Health Expo in Miami. Stop by our booth!
- RT @GirlUp: RT @CARE: To the people who shot #Malala to silence her resolve: You failed. @CNN #GirlRising
- Everyone at @AHAFoundation is wishing @DCrittenden1 a speedy recovery!
- A new Pew Forum survey reveals that large majorities in the Muslim world want the Islamic legal and moral code of sharia as the official law in their countries, a finding that is of significant concern to those who favor the equal treatment of women..
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali calls on feminists to return to their core values and prioritize women's safety first.
- CNN profiles the survivor of a vicious "honor" attack in Afghanistan
- Gathering at a summit in Canberra, Australian state and territory governments signed a National Compact to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
- The Canadian federal government has unveiled a revamped guide to help immigrants settle in Canada -- a document that, for the first time, informs newcomers about practices that “will not be tolerated in Canada,” including female genital mutilation, honour crimes and marriage fraud.