In Sweden, police are continuing an investigation involving a possible “honor” killing.
The AHA Foundation > In Sweden, police are continuing an investigation involving a possible “honor” killing.
- The US Department of Health and Human Services will undertake a major study on female genital mutilation (FGM), confirmed Cathy Russell, the US ambassador for global women's issues. This was the result of an effort spearheaded by FGM activist Jaha Dukureh.
- "American Muslims from across the country share their stories of love and marriage as a matter of choice -- as it should be."
- Summertime in the US means "vacation cutting" season is upon us. Immigrants who come to the US from countries that practice female genital mutilation (FGM) sometimes send their daughters back to their countries of origin to have them undergo the procedure.
- In the Wall Street Journal, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali calls on universities to break with orthodoxy and embrace critical thinking to improve the state of women's rights.
- In her own words, Ayaan Hirsi Ali responds to the public statement of Brandeis University.