The Muslim shadow judges are mainly protecting the patriarchal structures of a culture whose proponents are not truly interested in becoming integrated in Germany. Most arbitrators tolerate restrictions of the basic rights of women, and they urge women to accept these constraints.
The AHA Foundation > News > News > News > In Germany, a parallel Islamic court system on the basis of Sharia law has arisen in which women enjoy fewer rights in matters of child custody, marital arbitration and protection from violence.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali takes aim at forced marriages in the United States.
- An investigative report reveals that a 1989 "honor" killing in Missouri of a daughter by her parents was caught on tape by the FBI because the father was under surveillance for links to a Jihadist group.
- After speaking out against female genital mutilation, Nimko Ali heard from men who wanted to kill her and lost contact with people whom she considered to be family.
- Members of the British Parliament are launching an investigation as to why no one has been convicted for carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) three decades after it was made illegal.
- Police are prioritizing tackling female genital mutilation (FGM) in the Thames Valley (UK), which has been named a high-risk area for the practice.