The Muslim shadow judges are mainly protecting the patriarchal structures of a culture whose proponents are not truly interested in becoming integrated in Germany. Most arbitrators tolerate restrictions of the basic rights of women, and they urge women to accept these constraints.
The AHA Foundation > In Germany, a parallel Islamic court system on the basis of Sharia law has arisen in which women enjoy fewer rights in matters of child custody, marital arbitration and protection from violence.
- In the Wall Street Journal, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali calls on universities to break with orthodoxy and embrace critical thinking to improve the state of women's rights.
- In her own words, Ayaan Hirsi Ali responds to the public statement of Brandeis University.
- The Washington Post reports on British lawmakers' efforts to combat female genital mutilation (FGM).
- An extensive awareness campaign on female genital mutilation (FGM) and violence against women will be rolled out in the borough of Brent (UK), the result of a landmark report looking into the issues which was spearheaded by Councillor Ann John.
- The city council of Slough (UK) has vowed to combat female genital mutilation after the town was named as one of four areas by the NHS as 'high-risk’ for the illegal practice.