Gallup surveys in five Arab countries found Arab women are as likely as Arab men in their countries to favor Sharia as a source of legislation. Gallup found that those who want no legislative role at all for Sharia are in a small minority in every country.
The AHA Foundation > In a survey of five Arab countries, Gallup found that those who want no legislative role at all for Sharia are in a small minority in every country.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Discusses the Need for Western Feminists to Tackle Harmful Traditional Practices
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Time for Thanks
- The US Department of Health and Human Services will undertake a major study on female genital mutilation (FGM), confirmed Cathy Russell, the US ambassador for global women's issues. This was the result of an effort spearheaded by FGM activist Jaha Dukureh.
- "American Muslims from across the country share their stories of love and marriage as a matter of choice -- as it should be."
- Summertime in the US means "vacation cutting" season is upon us. Immigrants who come to the US from countries that practice female genital mutilation (FGM) sometimes send their daughters back to their countries of origin to have them undergo the procedure.