David Green, the director of the British think-tank Civitas, warned the government’s strategy to tackle violence against women is “skirting around the edges” of the key issue surrounding violence against women– honour based crime. “The big problem we have is honour violence crime. If you asked said what is the biggest problem that women as a whole or particular women have at present, I would say the biggest problem is faced by women from ethnic minorities who are subject to routine violence.”
The AHA Foundation > Honour based violence is biggest problem facing women
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Discusses the Need for Western Feminists to Tackle Harmful Traditional Practices
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Time for Thanks
- The US Department of Health and Human Services will undertake a major study on female genital mutilation (FGM), confirmed Cathy Russell, the US ambassador for global women's issues. This was the result of an effort spearheaded by FGM activist Jaha Dukureh.
- "American Muslims from across the country share their stories of love and marriage as a matter of choice -- as it should be."
- Summertime in the US means "vacation cutting" season is upon us. Immigrants who come to the US from countries that practice female genital mutilation (FGM) sometimes send their daughters back to their countries of origin to have them undergo the procedure.