To many in the United States, forced marriage sounds like an ancient and alien practice, something that might happen in remote corners of India or Pakistan, not in the heart of 21st century America.
The AHA Foundation > News > News > News > Forced marriages take place not only in developing countries but also in the United States.
- Ayaan is speaking with @IngrahamAngle now about the horrific attack in the UK yesterday. We'll post a link when/if available.
- RT @Tostan: #ChildMarriage is a major cause of many cases of #fistula. Find out why, and what we're doing about it: …
- RT @Isobel_Coleman: New CFR report on ChildMarriage By 2020, 50m girls will be married under 15. India 40% of childm…
- Lovely! RT @Houthum: @KarAngEllis @AHAFoundation If you want to go fast, go alone
- RT @WeTalkWomen: Pregnancy and childbirth are the #1 killers of #girls aged 15-19 worldwide. #familyplanning
- In the Wall Street Journal, Ayaan Hirsi Ali discusses the meaning of becoming a U.S. citizen and offers her thoughts on immigration reform and political Islam.
- In a powerful statement for women's rights, a female Egyptian journalist chose to remove her veil during an interview with a fundamentalist cleric and entered into a discussion about women's rights.
- An American mother was able to successfully rescue her son from a kidnapping in Egypt.
- Girls in Saudi Arabia are to be allowed to take part in school sports for the first time in the latest sign that the Islamic kingdom is inching forward in the domain of women’s rights.
- A new Pew Forum survey reveals that large majorities in the Muslim world want the Islamic legal and moral code of sharia as the official law in their countries, a finding that is of significant concern to those who favor the equal treatment of women..