A Court in Haarlem, the Netherlands, has acquitted a man of Moroccan origins of charges that he performed FGM on his 5-year-old daughter, but did convict him of beating and biting his daughter: Prosecutors said the girl told her foster mother that her father had performed genital mutilation on her with a pair of scissors, but judges say that statement was not strong enough evidence to convict the man, although the Court stated there is no doubt the girl has undergone severe female genital mutilation: the Father claims he does not know who performed FGM on his daughter.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali takes aim at forced marriages in the United States.
- An investigative report reveals that a 1989 "honor" killing in Missouri of a daughter by her parents was caught on tape by the FBI because the father was under surveillance for links to a Jihadist group.
- After speaking out against female genital mutilation, Nimko Ali heard from men who wanted to kill her and lost contact with people whom she considered to be family.
- Members of the British Parliament are launching an investigation as to why no one has been convicted for carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) three decades after it was made illegal.
- Police are prioritizing tackling female genital mutilation (FGM) in the Thames Valley (UK), which has been named a high-risk area for the practice.