At a London conference on the rights of women in the Middle East, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali proposed to end placing women under the control of male guardians. The conference addressed the difficult human rights situation facing women and girls in the Middle East.
The AHA Foundation > At a London conference, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali proposed to end placing women under the control of male guardians.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Discusses the Need for Western Feminists to Tackle Harmful Traditional Practices
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Time for Thanks
- The US Department of Health and Human Services will undertake a major study on female genital mutilation (FGM), confirmed Cathy Russell, the US ambassador for global women's issues. This was the result of an effort spearheaded by FGM activist Jaha Dukureh.
- "American Muslims from across the country share their stories of love and marriage as a matter of choice -- as it should be."
- Summertime in the US means "vacation cutting" season is upon us. Immigrants who come to the US from countries that practice female genital mutilation (FGM) sometimes send their daughters back to their countries of origin to have them undergo the procedure.