At a London conference on the rights of women in the Middle East, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali proposed to end placing women under the control of male guardians. The conference addressed the difficult human rights situation facing women and girls in the Middle East.
The AHA Foundation > At a London conference, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali proposed to end placing women under the control of male guardians.
- More than a decade after the removal of Afghanistan's Taliban regime from power, basic women's rights in the country remain extremely precarious.
- The EU Ambassador to Afghanistan, Franz-Michael Mellbin, has criticized the prosecution of "moral crimes" as "disgraceful" and says Hamid Karzai's government has failed Afghan women.
- Inside Israel’s Bedouin communities, the practice of killing women who stain the family’s “honor” is experiencing a dark revival.
- A sharp rise in "honor killings" in Palestinian territories has created a backash.
- Katharine Whitehorn analyzes what men can do to stop Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).