At a London conference on the rights of women in the Middle East, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali proposed to end placing women under the control of male guardians. The conference addressed the difficult human rights situation facing women and girls in the Middle East.
The AHA Foundation > At a London conference, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali proposed to end placing women under the control of male guardians.
- In the Wall Street Journal, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali calls on universities to break with orthodoxy and embrace critical thinking to improve the state of women's rights.
- In her own words, Ayaan Hirsi Ali responds to the public statement of Brandeis University.
- The Washington Post reports on British lawmakers' efforts to combat female genital mutilation (FGM).
- An extensive awareness campaign on female genital mutilation (FGM) and violence against women will be rolled out in the borough of Brent (UK), the result of a landmark report looking into the issues which was spearheaded by Councillor Ann John.
- The city council of Slough (UK) has vowed to combat female genital mutilation after the town was named as one of four areas by the NHS as 'high-risk’ for the illegal practice.