Get Help


Get Help

Get Help Women everywhere, of all cultures, merit access to education and basic human rights. If you or someone you know needs help please email us at:

If you are in immediate danger, dial 911 or your local emergency services.

For a national and state-by-state guide of resources where you can go for help, please see our Resource Directory.

The U.S. Department of State’s highest priority overseas is the protection and welfare of U.S. citizens.  If you or someone you know is a U.S. citizen and could be or has been a victim of forced marriage overseas, please call the U.S. Embassy/Consulate nearest you.  You can also call the Department of State at 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444.  These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).  For further information and local embassy and consulate contact details, please refer to the Country Specific Information section on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website.