During her visit to Occidental College, Ayaan had the pleasure of meeting the students of Phi Beta Kappa for lunch. In her lecture to undergraduates later that evening, Ayaan discussed her intellectual growth from “credulity” through “curiosity” to “critical thinking.” Her take on leadership pushed the audience to make a positive difference in their futures.
The AHA Foundation > Occidental College Phi Beta Kappa Speaker Series
- In the Wall Street Journal, founder of the AHA Foundation Ayaan Hirsi Ali calls on universities to break with orthodoxy and embrace critical thinking to improve the state of women's rights.
- In her own words, Ayaan Hirsi Ali responds to the public statement of Brandeis University.
- The Washington Post reports on British lawmakers' efforts to combat female genital mutilation (FGM).
- An extensive awareness campaign on female genital mutilation (FGM) and violence against women will be rolled out in the borough of Brent (UK), the result of a landmark report looking into the issues which was spearheaded by Councillor Ann John.
- The city council of Slough (UK) has vowed to combat female genital mutilation after the town was named as one of four areas by the NHS as 'high-risk’ for the illegal practice.