In January, Ayaan and the Executive Director of the foundation made the trip to Palm Springs to meet with Federal Judges of the 9th Circuit. Ayaan spoke about her journey from her tribal, nomadic life to the West and the related challenges. The Executive Director brought the judges up to speed on the legislative agenda of the foundation, highlighting pending bills that go further in protecting women and girls in the United States.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali takes aim at forced marriages in the United States.
- An investigative report reveals that a 1989 "honor" killing in Missouri of a daughter by her parents was caught on tape by the FBI because the father was under surveillance for links to a Jihadist group.
- After speaking out against female genital mutilation, Nimko Ali heard from men who wanted to kill her and lost contact with people whom she considered to be family.
- Members of the British Parliament are launching an investigation as to why no one has been convicted for carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) three decades after it was made illegal.
- Police are prioritizing tackling female genital mutilation (FGM) in the Thames Valley (UK), which has been named a high-risk area for the practice.