In January, Ayaan and the Executive Director of the foundation made the trip to Palm Springs to meet with Federal Judges of the 9th Circuit. Ayaan spoke about her journey from her tribal, nomadic life to the West and the related challenges. The Executive Director brought the judges up to speed on the legislative agenda of the foundation, highlighting pending bills that go further in protecting women and girls in the United States.
The AHA Foundation > FJC Workshop for Judges of the 9th Circuit
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali Discusses the Need for Western Feminists to Tackle Harmful Traditional Practices
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Time for Thanks
- The US Department of Health and Human Services will undertake a major study on female genital mutilation (FGM), confirmed Cathy Russell, the US ambassador for global women's issues. This was the result of an effort spearheaded by FGM activist Jaha Dukureh.
- "American Muslims from across the country share their stories of love and marriage as a matter of choice -- as it should be."
- Summertime in the US means "vacation cutting" season is upon us. Immigrants who come to the US from countries that practice female genital mutilation (FGM) sometimes send their daughters back to their countries of origin to have them undergo the procedure.